In this class, we will paint outside (en plein air) in a different location every week! If it's raining, we will paint at the school, either from photo or by working on a master copy.
Learn the technical skills to develop paintings with beautiful and convincing space.
The instructor works with you at your own pace, offering technical and creative guidance, as you work using a medium of your choice.
Each class is supplemented with individual and group feedback, lectures and suggested homework.
In this class, you will learn a wide range of topics, including:
- Creating atmosphere, space & light
- Thumbnails & notan studies
- Linear perspective
- Atmospheric perspective
- Texture of natural & man-made objects
- Color harmony
- Underpainting in imprimatura
- Alla prima (wet-into-wet) & indirect painting (wet-over-dry)
- Colour theory
- Hue, value & chroma